If you want to activate one or more digital keys in order to access online government services, there are two ways in which you can carry out the request and activation.
- The first way is entirely online, and must be carried out using your electronic identity card (eID) or the itsme® app. To do this, go to the My digital keys website and identify yourself using your eID or itsme®; you will then be able to activate the digital keys of your choice.
- The second way is for at all citizens who cannot use an eID or itsme®, and aims to let them activate a digital key of their choice in order to access online government services.
Citizens who wish to apply for digital keys should preferably contact the nearest local registration office (see list of offices), or the FPS BOSA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This procedure is mainly for citizens who cannot use the online procedure via eID or itsme®, as well as border workers, non-resident foreigners, or resident foreigners who do not have a residence permit with certificates.
- You must go in person to the local registration office, or to the FPS BOSA office.
- Your identity will be checked using your identity card or passport.
- You must have a personal email address in order to carry out this procedure.
- You should contact and make an appointment with the nearest local registration office (see list of offices), or the FPS BOSA office.
- During your visit to the registration office, your identity will be checked using your identity card or passport.
- After identification, an activation code will be issued to you on paper and an activation link will be sent to your personal mailbox.
- In your personal mailbox, open the email entitled "CSAM - My Digital Keys: Activation"
- Click on the red "Activate your digital keys" button in this mail
- Now the site will open where you need to enter the activation code.
- Enter the activation code received on paper and click Next.
- Once you have entered the activation code correctly, you can activate a digital key of your choice
We recommend you to activate the digital key "security code by e-mail", this key is easy to use and secure. Here you will find the necessary information to activate this digital key.
For more information or to make an appointment at the registration office of FPS BOSA DG Digital Transformation, please contact the FPS BOSA Service Desk, by writing to email@example.com with the reference "Registry Office".